Saturday, April 11, 2009

When thinking of topics for my paper, I chose something in the medical field since that is what I’m good at. I spent the last year and a half studying nursing and have seen many points of views on immunizations, so I chose to do my paper on the benefits of immunizations.


Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing ( Gloria Leifer)

I used this book during the last semester of MiraCosta’s LVN program and it was very helpful when it came to patient teaching. The book has a chart of the recommended immunizations and pictures of the diseases they help prevent. It also states why immunizations need to be administered and the possible side effects that may arise.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/

This is the website of the center for disease control and department of health. There are facts, Vaccine safety, adverse events, common questions and much more information regarding immunizations on this site. The CDC mandates immunizations and their website is very helpful since they are pro immunizations.

http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/t990803a.html

Dr. David Satcher Assistant Secretary for Department of health speaks of the risks v.s benefits of immunizations. Many facts and benefits are stated on why immunizations are important. I think this testimony is going to be very helpful.

1 comment:

  1. I am also (hopfully soon) going to go through the LVN program at school, so I found what you wrote intresting and informative.

    ReplyDelete