Saturday, January 24, 2009

I've been over thinking this rhetorical analysis for the past few days. I'm trying to understand it, and read what others are posting. I'm getting confused as I try to critically try to put something together and write about it. Maybe I'm trying to examine something too complex or just putting way too much thought into it, and probably need to start out small before trying to dissect something which is complex.

As I'm sitting down in my living room, I have acquired many Parenting and BabyTalk magazines. I'm try this route...

Basically these magazines share stories of mothers, moms-to-be, gives advice, things to buy for your newborn or baby, advertisements and what not. Mostly it gives advice and comfort to new moms who will seek knowledge in raising a newborn and other arising situations. To come to think of it, there are many advertisements of all sorts from JC Penney Portrait Studios to Sears Portrait Studio, to Nursery water, from umbilical cord banks and as well as must need toys.

Although the articles in this magazine I find quite entertaining, I simply get them for the coupons and recipes.

Have I rhetorical analyzed this magazine correctly? Or am I totally way off on understand what rhetorical analysis in everyday life is?

No comments:

Post a Comment