Friday, January 23, 2009

My point of view on rhetorical analysis

This is my first time blogging so I hope I'm on the right track. Our first paper in English 100 is rhetorical analysis. This will also be my first time rhetorically analyzing a text and writing about it, although I can remember analyzing films and conversations. One of my favorite T.V shows is House. Doctor house is very sarcastic and rude. I think of doctor house as a rhetor. Despite his rude attitude Doctor House is very intelligent and never lets any of his patients down. His patients often look at him with disbelief, because he has a very upfront way of communicating unlike any other doctor. During the show there are always misunderstandings because of his communication style, but in the end his patients are always happy.

1 comment:

  1. Misty,
    You write that you "can remember analyzing films and conversations", and yes -- you are already doing this kind of analysis. I think you're right -- Dr. House IS a rhetor who communicates his messages by way of, well, unpopular and abrasive techniques. This show, and rhetor, is a great example, actually, because the way House communicates (the strategies he uses) actually say a lot more about him than it does about his patients, because his rhetorical choices show us much about the rhetor -- not just the message.

    ReplyDelete