Saturday, May 16, 2009

#8 In Retrospect

All of the assignments throughout this term, from the small blog posts to the essays, were of great help to me in my transition back in to school. The most relevant (academically) was the ancillary assignments because the more effort I put in to each one, the better start I had on the paper that followed. For example, the ancillary assignment for our argument/response paper provided me with a solid outline of my essay. The single paper most relevant to me personally was my research project on the Armenian Genocide. My personal connection to it, however, made it a challenge to write without too much bias in my voice and with language that was not too convicting or harsh. This assignment is also the one I was most excited, but also most hesitant, to finish. It had taken the most effort and by far the most time, but it is still difficult to call complete. I’m still doing some nitpicking over it.

Overall, the online setting has been very convenient for me. The blogging was a great aspect of the class, as it gave me the opportunity to see where other peoples’ thoughts were on the subject at hand. Although, I am still not sure if I prefer it over a classroom setting. I have always found it beneficial being face to face with my teacher and my fellow students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment