Monday, May 18, 2009

Portfolio Preface

There has been a strong change for the good in my writing from the beginning of the semester to now. There are many qualities I have gained, and bad habits I have stopped.

In the beginning of the semester I would procrastinate to the very last moment out of stress and lack of confidence in my writing. I learned by the first paper (the rhetorical analysis paper) that this was not beneficial for my stress level, and also not for the turnout of my paper. As the semester went on, I was much more satisfied with my papers and enjoyed the extra time I gave myself to finish the paper. I am now happy to put my procrastination to an end by breaking the cycle and starting my papers earlier in the week.

I personally enjoyed writing all of the papers assigned, but the page requirements for the papers is what stressed me out. Instead of focusing at the topic, I kept on looking how much more pages I had to write.

I am very satisfied with my portfolio. I like certain pieces I wrote more then others, but that did not influence the way I arranged my portfolio. I arranged my papers in so specific order. I did this because I am so indecisive I could not decide which paper was my favorite, and which paper was my least favorite.

It was cool to read through all my papers. Particularly my research paper. This paper was a little bit more easier for me to write because I was just learning about the topic through my research. I had never heard of GMOs, but what sparked my research topic was a drink I was drinking called "Honest Tea." On the label of the tea stated "No GMOs".

I am more than satisfied with the writing techniques I have acquired during this course. I am now such a more analytical writer, especially after writing the rhetorical analysis. I am also now better at leaving pesky grammatical errors out of my paper. All in all, my portfolio is something I am proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment