Friday, May 15, 2009

Words on English

Overall, the examination of rhetorical analysis has helped me to think more analytically about writing. I have always thought, or known, that my writing lacked structure. However, I found it difficult to write methodically thus compromising the impact of my written work. For that reason, the rhetorical analysis was one of the most advantageous assignments for me in preparation to meet the expectations of my other courses this semester. The argument response and research papers were equally important to prepare for the rest of my academic career. The research paper, in conjunction with the MLA requirements, was my most challenging academic work of the semester. I especially enjoyed the prompts for our writing assignments: relevant news items with socio-political emphasis. I learned quite a bit about our president while doing research on the social significance of Barack Obama and I have files full of primary sources from academic research sites, like JSTOR, that I will continue to use throughout my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment