Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thoughts on English 100

I've always held a great appreciation for those capable of organizing their thoughts on paper whether it be to tell a story, provide info, or make an argument. I've always struggled to translate the ideas in my head that I would like to get across to an audience onto paper. Though I still require more practice of the art, I do believe I've made some progress. The most relevant and challenging assignment of this course for me was the research project. The literature analysis and review was not the challenge, but reviewing the massive amount of information out there related to my topic and deciding what to include was. However, in the process of doing so it really helped with the organization of my information when it came time to write the paper. This research skill also came in helpful as I prepared for an informative oral presentation for my Communications course.

Overall, the steps we've taken in learning how to first develop our ideas, and then translate them onto paper is a necessary skill that we'll not only need for future academic courses, but in our careers, and life situations when dealing with those in our communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment