Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blog 8

All of the assignments were important this semester to allow one to explore the depths of writing. To me the most important was the research paper. The research paper was important on both the academic and personal level. Academically it allowed us the opportunity to explore and research a topic. It is very important to know how to use the resources available and use them to come up with an argument. I also thought it was the most relevant piece of writing we did because it allowed us complete liberty in writing style. It did not require us to do anything but research a topic and present the information in a relevant way. I believe that it is important to have a simple writing goal and to not be restricted by length, tense, point of view or anything else. This assignment was important to me personally because it allowed me the opportunity to explore the arguments against illegal immigrants. My research was probably obviously skewed to the pro immigrant side, but all writing has to have an angle. It was important for me to be able to see both sides of the argument though.

No comments:

Post a Comment