Friday, May 15, 2009

blog 9!!

As I sit here and ponder my writings over the semester it is apparent to me there is a method

to my writings. The excitement of sitting down and reading the expectations for the week’s blog

or essay is the first step. The blog post for example are challenging for me, because the subjects

varied and some were intriguing, and mixed with current events. The type of personality that I

have is open to all subjects, listening, and then deciding if learning more is in my future. For

instance, reading more about Nadya “Octomom” Suleman, which was an interesting story for

the nation.

My favorite paper is the Research paper; it was fun to finding the different articles. I did

choose a very hot topic, only because I had done some reading on that subject during the

election. The Position paper is the second essay in my portfolio, the economy depleting our

retirement funds and investing in our futures. Third is the Argument Response paper was also

one I enjoyed writing; sociology was a great class for me, being able to write on social classes

after reading an article that was less than intriguing was a challenge. Pulling out point that I

personally thought were written in a less than desirable style. The last paper in the portfolio is

the Rhetorical Analysis, having been the first paper written, I can see how hard a paper was in

the beginning of the semester, now somewhat simple to understand.


Saenz2

In taking English 100, I have learned many new ways to write an essay. The correct style and

proper use of writing shows in my essays for scholarships I have been applying for. I was

awarded a Nursing scholarship from Tri-City Auxiliary. Pressure has been put on me to maintain

my 3.0 GPA to keep the scholarship for the fall. However, this course has opened up my mind,

and I could feel my mind expanding more, and learning how a properly written essay can earn

you not only a better grade, but also put money in my pocket to purchase the books and

uniforms I will be purchasing for nursing school.

Federal work study helps fill in the gaps of my financial obligations, which is in the

scholarship/financial aid office, due to my business banking background. I have learned that a

well written essay that is clear and concise makes the writer stand out, and puts you in the final

running’s for the scholarship being offered. Sometimes the applicant is lucky enough to find

they win a scholarship group that is will to help a student who shows a high potential to

give back to their community hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment